What I would miss...
If I had to leave Japan today, here is a list of what I would miss:
1. Japanese take-out (Hoka Hoka Tei)
2. The beaches
Here is what I wouldn't miss:
1. Boring Japanese office parties and the kompai
2. Te "before moving on a green light, wait three cars to blow the red light and go" unwritten, but taught rule.
3. Parking spaces the size of a Ford Echo from door to door with no extra room to get out.
4. Older corporate Japanese men whose asses get kissed for doing nothing except looking important and grumpy.
5. Ass kissing store clerks who scream WELCOME!!!!! "Irashimaseeeeeee" every time someone walks into a store. All clerks yell out at the same time.
Things I desparatly miss from the States:
1. No Gap stores on Okinawa - only 60 stores in Mainland Japan, a country the size of california.
2. Shirts that allow for boobs
3. Express stores
4. Dance clubs
5. Mr. Chau's Chinese buffet. American Chinese rocks! Japanese Chinese is lame.
6. English
Comments