Do I complain too much?
I don't mean to. Really I don't but I've been homesick lately. Homesickness comes and goes. Then there are days when I exhale and really take in this experience. Today was one of the better days. I spent the entire morning at work drumming up a Java script and almost passed up the opportunity to join my coworkers at my favorite restaurant, Ono Kau Kau just north of Mihama Village. Fortunately my stomach gave me a virtual bitch slap and told me I should go.
Okinawa has finally cooled down. Now when it heats up the air is less humid and there is a steady cool breeze. Back to the restaurant, we sat outside and enjoyed the ocean view which was about 200 yards away. While the boys droned on about work I zoned out and took in the scenery. It was then that I felt lucky to be on this island. Then it dawned on me that I might not have much time left here and there are still some things I need to do.
1. Spend the weekend in Tokyo and endure "The Bus Ride"
2. Go to a pachinko parlor and see what all the hype is about
3. Get the nerve to go to a real karaoke bar with my friends
4. Find and take a picture of the illusive vending machines with used panties (my co-workers
swear this isn't a myth)
I will probably fly up to Tokyo next summer. Earlier if I can. I could always not bathe for a week and sleep under a tarp in Nagoya if Tokyo doesn't work out. I hear magical things happen at night up there. ; )
Okinawa has finally cooled down. Now when it heats up the air is less humid and there is a steady cool breeze. Back to the restaurant, we sat outside and enjoyed the ocean view which was about 200 yards away. While the boys droned on about work I zoned out and took in the scenery. It was then that I felt lucky to be on this island. Then it dawned on me that I might not have much time left here and there are still some things I need to do.
1. Spend the weekend in Tokyo and endure "The Bus Ride"
2. Go to a pachinko parlor and see what all the hype is about
3. Get the nerve to go to a real karaoke bar with my friends
4. Find and take a picture of the illusive vending machines with used panties (my co-workers
swear this isn't a myth)
I will probably fly up to Tokyo next summer. Earlier if I can. I could always not bathe for a week and sleep under a tarp in Nagoya if Tokyo doesn't work out. I hear magical things happen at night up there. ; )
Comments