Japan would be nicer with a little Rufus (bumped because he deserves more airtime)


I've been a Rufus Wainwright fan for a couple years now and one huge reason I can't wait to get back to the States is so I can go to my first Rufus Wainwright concert....hopefully while he will still be playing in some smaller venues because I feel like I've totally missed out.

A new live CD came out today (well the 15th in the States is still today for the next couple hours I guess) and I'm totally bummed that I can't just run into the closest Tower records to grab a copy. I guess I'll have to settle for iTunes for now.

He's becoming really popular in the U.S and is loved in Canada and Europe. His version of Across The Universe was recently featured in I Am Sam and a Kodak commercial (i think it was Kodak...too busy listening to the music). I better stop now because I could go on for days and days. Posted by Hello

Comments

Kidney Girl said…
He's been involved with music all his live but put his first album out in 1998. He's not like pop or rock so his music doesn't normally go mainstream but he has a beautiful voice and writes wonderful music. He did a 30's song for The Aviator, he sang the French song Complainte de la Butte from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and then he had Across the Universe in I Am Sam. On top of soundtracks he has put out 5 albums including the Live CD that came out yesterday. Then there are the countless compilations....this guy is amazing. His voice though...he barely sings out of tune and he has the most unique, beautiful voice I've ever heard.
letti said…
sorry, i have no idea who he is either though..*hangs head in shame*
Thanks for dropping by my place...I like your stuff, too.

Japan (and China) are on my hit list of places to go.

Cool.
Kidney Girl said…
Thanks for visiting! I started a Rufus photo blog last night at www.gaymessiah.blogspot.com so all of his gorgeous pics can be in place.
Bill said…
Visiting your lively blog is a pleasure. When you visited mine, you mentioned a haiku contest. I just wanted to mention that I submitted 2 entries today. Thanks for the tip.

Popular Posts