I'm Back! sorta...

Hi Everyone! I spent all of last week in the hospital and I was discharged late Friday night. I'm at home recovering and doing well. For obvious reasons I haven't been able to write but I wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here. It might be a little while before I post again as I haven't had contact with the outside world for a while now.

One thing though. I've been here so long that I've lost my ability to understand European accents. I've become so accustomed to Japanese accents that I couldn't understand one of my male nurses who had a strong Irish accent. Instead of hearing and comprehending actual words, when I first heard him my brain kinda shut down and all I saw was a bunch of pretty colorful swirls and curly lines like a girlie drawing in my head that went to the tune of his noise. And that was all before the morphine. I felt so bad. He was really nice but all I could do was smile and nod most of the time. It was truly exhausting. What's funny is that I remember a time when I thought I would never understand strong Japanese accents. And then I adapted without taking much notice.

Comments

letti said…
oo..sorry that you had to spend a week at the hospital. i hope it was nothing serious....it's the same with me and some texan accents..i could understand majority of what they were saying, but there were some that just eluded me..now i'm understanding left and right!! :)

Popular Posts