The end is near!
My husband called me from work early this morning and said we just received orders to go to Beaufort, South Carolina next May ? maybe a little sooner, depending on the changing needs of the unit.
As much as I've enjoyed Japan I've been ready to go "home" (meaning anywhere in the US - funny how living abroad changes one's perspective) for the past 6 months or so. I will have spent 4 years over here and I've had many wonderful opportunities come my way such as working for a Japanese IT corporation and meeting some wonderful friends and being in a commercial for a Japanese bank. I've learned how to drive on the other side of the road without keeping one eye shut at all times, I've learned to read and write the language enough to get buy and traveled to the mainland to see the "real" Japan, as Okinawa is to Japan as Hawaii is to the US. I've accomplished way more than the average military dependant over here and I fully realize and appreciate it.
When I leave Japan I plan on updating my blog until I get over the culture shock of being back in the states. I’m sure I will have some stories to tell.
As much as I've enjoyed Japan I've been ready to go "home" (meaning anywhere in the US - funny how living abroad changes one's perspective) for the past 6 months or so. I will have spent 4 years over here and I've had many wonderful opportunities come my way such as working for a Japanese IT corporation and meeting some wonderful friends and being in a commercial for a Japanese bank. I've learned how to drive on the other side of the road without keeping one eye shut at all times, I've learned to read and write the language enough to get buy and traveled to the mainland to see the "real" Japan, as Okinawa is to Japan as Hawaii is to the US. I've accomplished way more than the average military dependant over here and I fully realize and appreciate it.
When I leave Japan I plan on updating my blog until I get over the culture shock of being back in the states. I’m sure I will have some stories to tell.
Comments
Plus your Friends,
Minus your Enemies,
Multiply your Happiness
Divide your Sadness
And always remember me..
Happy New Year. Here's to the bright future...