Short-itis and other general updates
Hi all,
I'm kinda half-sorry that I haven't been updating this like I used to. Predictably, since switching to an onbase job, I haven't had much to write about. I barely even go offbase anymore unless I'm going to the Naval Hospital.
The weather has been pretty chilly - low 60's. Last weekend when we went to the ice rink I experienced the most crazy cold-front ever. The weather that week has been in the low to mid 70's and just picture perfect. That Saturday morning before leaving for Naha my husband came into the house from the Grocery store wiping sweat from his brow. I was surprised to see 88 degrees on the thermometer at 11:00am! Not sure how to dress the girls, I stuck them in jeans and a tank and hand-carried sweaters and jackets for the rink. When we left the rink at about 3:30pm it was about 62 degrees and drizzling! I don't remember the last time I felt such a dramatic change in the weather. It has been freezing ever since.
Work is going well. I'm happy I made the switch. I haven't exactly learned a lot since being here but I am comfortable and it is nice to get more money for WAY less work. This is where my "Shortitis" comes in. I am so ready to leave here but my shortitis isn't really effecting my work. I've never been one to drop my pack a month or more from leaving a job but I have been ancy (not nervous) in those situations like wanting to resign earlier then I had planned. I guess I'm just that happy at my job. It's a good, almost no-brainer setup and I will miss it. I always take jobs that challenge me as I love the responsibility but for once it is nice to just let my brain exhale. My contractor has an office in Beaufort but my boss told me today that there aren't any projects over there right now. I wish I could move right back into this job. But maybe I will be able to get back into aviation. If not I've decided that it will be a good time to think about switching careers. I've always wanted to be an oncology nurse but the thought of switching careers now seemed like a huge waste of time. I'm starting to lose hope with the FAA. Funny too because I always thought it would be so easy for me to get back in.
Well I'm tired. Sorry this post didn't have any useful information.
I'm kinda half-sorry that I haven't been updating this like I used to. Predictably, since switching to an onbase job, I haven't had much to write about. I barely even go offbase anymore unless I'm going to the Naval Hospital.
The weather has been pretty chilly - low 60's. Last weekend when we went to the ice rink I experienced the most crazy cold-front ever. The weather that week has been in the low to mid 70's and just picture perfect. That Saturday morning before leaving for Naha my husband came into the house from the Grocery store wiping sweat from his brow. I was surprised to see 88 degrees on the thermometer at 11:00am! Not sure how to dress the girls, I stuck them in jeans and a tank and hand-carried sweaters and jackets for the rink. When we left the rink at about 3:30pm it was about 62 degrees and drizzling! I don't remember the last time I felt such a dramatic change in the weather. It has been freezing ever since.
Work is going well. I'm happy I made the switch. I haven't exactly learned a lot since being here but I am comfortable and it is nice to get more money for WAY less work. This is where my "Shortitis" comes in. I am so ready to leave here but my shortitis isn't really effecting my work. I've never been one to drop my pack a month or more from leaving a job but I have been ancy (not nervous) in those situations like wanting to resign earlier then I had planned. I guess I'm just that happy at my job. It's a good, almost no-brainer setup and I will miss it. I always take jobs that challenge me as I love the responsibility but for once it is nice to just let my brain exhale. My contractor has an office in Beaufort but my boss told me today that there aren't any projects over there right now. I wish I could move right back into this job. But maybe I will be able to get back into aviation. If not I've decided that it will be a good time to think about switching careers. I've always wanted to be an oncology nurse but the thought of switching careers now seemed like a huge waste of time. I'm starting to lose hope with the FAA. Funny too because I always thought it would be so easy for me to get back in.
Well I'm tired. Sorry this post didn't have any useful information.
Comments
I wouldn’t say it was totally un-used. I managed to find the spelling of a word I was un-sure about through the aid of your Blog’ “Shortitis” At-least that’s how we both spell a word that spell-check and other word aids can’t help with.
Thanks’