Westpac woes
Wow. The Internet connection over here sux! It is set up for 10Mbps which is not too bad in theory. I've used 12Mbps before and the pages were blazin' fast and I never noticed a real slowdown in torrents. This connection won't even load the Google picture at the top of the search bar! I called the front desk and the lady said it goes up and down a lot so I'm now on my old Konnect dial-up connection thanks to the phone at the desk.
Another complaint is that it is April here and it is getting hot again and the air conditioning in this building is still off. This is the norm for Marine Corps barracks. I think Colonels think we are too dumb to use a thermostat. I've heard that they like to save money by leaving either the heater or the AC on depending on the season. But now it is sweltering even though it is cool outside at night. We can't seem to cool the room with the drapes shut and we can't leave them open because we are on the first floor and people walk by often.
My husband said he heard one guy complaining at the front desk, "This is the second time I've complained about the AC - someone needs to fix it ASAP!"
"Well sir, the base doesn't turn the AC on in the buildings for another month."
"Are you kidding me? I pay $124 dollars a night for no AC?"
"Well sir, I can but your name on this list..." My Husband laughed and said,
"Well if that's the case you can put my name on there. Oh and you might as well put my daughters' and wife's name on there as well." I don't know if he really put our names on the list because I wasn't there but I was like, that guy had a good point about spending lots of $$ for a hotel room with no AC. Normally base lodges cost service members like $40 a night, but not here! MCCS loves ripping Marines off so they can give the head honchos big Christmas bonuses. But the AC thing is still a Colonel or a General's fault. FFS give the Marines and their families a heat stroke in the winter and freeze them out in the summer. You would think the base would SAVE money if the heat/cold could be turned off for a few minutes! To them I say DUH!
With that said, luckily this is a nice time of year to have the windows open.
Another complaint is that it is April here and it is getting hot again and the air conditioning in this building is still off. This is the norm for Marine Corps barracks. I think Colonels think we are too dumb to use a thermostat. I've heard that they like to save money by leaving either the heater or the AC on depending on the season. But now it is sweltering even though it is cool outside at night. We can't seem to cool the room with the drapes shut and we can't leave them open because we are on the first floor and people walk by often.
My husband said he heard one guy complaining at the front desk, "This is the second time I've complained about the AC - someone needs to fix it ASAP!"
"Well sir, the base doesn't turn the AC on in the buildings for another month."
"Are you kidding me? I pay $124 dollars a night for no AC?"
"Well sir, I can but your name on this list..." My Husband laughed and said,
"Well if that's the case you can put my name on there. Oh and you might as well put my daughters' and wife's name on there as well." I don't know if he really put our names on the list because I wasn't there but I was like, that guy had a good point about spending lots of $$ for a hotel room with no AC. Normally base lodges cost service members like $40 a night, but not here! MCCS loves ripping Marines off so they can give the head honchos big Christmas bonuses. But the AC thing is still a Colonel or a General's fault. FFS give the Marines and their families a heat stroke in the winter and freeze them out in the summer. You would think the base would SAVE money if the heat/cold could be turned off for a few minutes! To them I say DUH!
With that said, luckily this is a nice time of year to have the windows open.
Comments